The following guide will help you identify which restaurants provide gluten free options on their menu and where to find Gluten free products.
A List of Gluten Free Options on Condado de Alhama Golf Resort
- Big G’s American Diner – Al Kasar: All Items are marked on the Menu, including dessert menu, which are Gluten Free (including fries). They have gluten free burger buns for burgers.
- La Cata – Spanish Restaurant – Al Kasar: Menu isn’t marked with gluten free items, you need to ask. I have had the grilled chicken breast with homemade chips (if busy they will offer salad instead). They also have gluten free pizza bases.
- Skye Bar – Al Kasar: Menu isn’t marked with gluten free items, you need to ask. They do have gluten free pizza bases and gluten free fish and chips on a Friday night (pre booking advised).
- Restaurant Sofia’s – Al Kasar: Menu isn’t marked with gluten free items. There chips are homemade and cooked in a separate fryer. I have a Chicken Sash dish which is naturally gluten free. We are advised by the restaurant owner that the creamy Sash dishes are all made with gluten free cream.
- The Condado Club – between Jardins 5 & 7 (next to gym and tennis courts): Menu lists gluten free items. They also have gluten free bread / baguettes / baps available on request.
A List of Gluten Free Options Around Murcia
- Spice Villa – Curry House – Camposol Sector B: Menu isn’t marked with gluten free items. Telephone in advance to make a booking and to advise.
Finca Buen Gusto – located between Camposol and Mazarron: pre-booking essential. Completely aware of gluten free. Menu is changed every day.
- Choc o Latte – Alhama de Murcia : Calle Miguel Hernandez 60 (next to Mercadona) serve gluten free afternoon tea, pre-booking essential. Telephone number 619003022
- El Muelle De La Bahia – Port Mazarron: specializes in gluten free, vegan and vegetarian meals. They do still serve meat.
- Paseo de Francisco Martínez Muñoz, 30860 El Puerto De Mazarrón, Murcia, Spain Telephone : 692 88 37 16
- El Patio – Murcia (closed for the month of August) and Los Alcazares: BBQ restaurant, fully aware of Gluten Free, menu is marked with gluten free items and also have gluten free bread.
- Hotel La Mariposa – Sierra Espuña : Completely aware of gluten free, menu changes daily and will advise on arrival suitable options. Highly recommended to book in advance. They also offer a free mini bus service from Condado.
- Tommy Mels – Murcia: American 50’s Restaurant, they have a gluten free menu ask on arrival, visit there website for full menu.
- Celia&Co – La Manga 100% gluten free pizza restaurant. Plaza Bohemia (Gran Via, KM3) 30380, telephone nbr 692697542 (they also have a Facebook page). This restaurant is very hard to find, on the main road there is a restaurant called the Istanbul and Celia&Co is found behind this restaurant. The signage is only put out when the restaurant is open which was 9pm when we visited. Also recommend pre-booking as very small restaurant.
These are the places that I eat at safely, but I recommend you always make the restaurant aware that you are gluten free before dining.
The Spar supermarket on site sell a small selection of gluten free items. But all supermarkets including Mercadona, Consum, and Lidl mark their products ‘SIN GLUTEN‘.
Full credit goes to Barbara Burge for compiling this list and useful information.
Please help us to update the list by letting us know if you find a place offering gluten free dishes. You can find a Contact Form at the bottom of this page.